SUBMIT MANUSCRIPT

Donnish Journal of Dentistry and Oral Hygiene

August 2018 Vol. 4(2), pp. 023-030

ISSN: 2984-8806

Copyright 2018 Donnish Journals




Original Research Paper


"Consumption of Sweets and Caffeine under Stress; A Cross-sectional Study among Dental Students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia."


Essma Midoun1, Yasmin Salem1, Doaa Akelah1, Hala Abed1, Renad Darwish1, Medina Kerdjani1, and Shahzeb Hasan Ansari2*

1Dental Interns, Riyadh Elm University, Saudi Arabia.
2Faculty of Preventive Dentistry, Riyadh Elm University, Saudi Arabia.

Corresponding Author's Email: shahzebhasan@riyadh.edu.sa

Accepted 25th June, 2018.



Abstract


Lifestyle has an important role in students ending up addicted to caffeine. It can be consumed in different forms apart from coffee including energy drinks. Males tend to drink more energy drinks during their adolescence. This is a cross-sectional study, which targeted 495 male and female dental students from levels 8 up to interns. A closed-ended questionnaire was constructed with the help of related article using survey monkey. From all the participants who have been questioned in the survey, 55% of them were female and the rest of the 45% of them were males. Mean stress levels of female students were found to be higher than males. No significant difference in stress levels among students of different levels was found.

Keywords: Dental implants, Knowledge, Barriers to treatment.

Read: [Full Text - PDF]


Cite This Article:

Essma Midoun, Yasmin Salem, Doaa Akelah, Hala Abed, Renad Darwish, Medina Kerdjani, and Shahzeb Hasan Ansari. "Consumption of Sweets and Caffeine under Stress; A Cross-sectional Study among Dental Students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia". Donnish Journal of Dentistry and Oral Hygiene 4(2) 2018 pp. 023-030.


© 2017 - Donnish Publishing House | Terms | Privacy policy |